Which reminds me I need to practice my own kata...
(WHICH I actually did some of today, just not all of them yet)
Here are the things that I am hoping to get out of my "internship":
- Learning to recognize learning styles
- Learning to communicate with different learning styles effectively
- Learning drills and fun activities/work outs/exercises to do with kids classes
- Learning good exercises and fun work outs and drills for adult classes
- Learning what to do or how to deal with kids (and adults) who misbehave, don't focus, are a distraction, or in general disruptive to the class
- Being able to teach
- Being able to help someone understand something for the first time or improve on their technique
- Being able to learn from my students
I'm sure there are more, but that is all my tired brain can think of right now. I will post more as I think of them and write how my internship goes as I am able to spend time in the dojo. Due to finally acquiring a job this may be a little more difficult and sporadic then I would like, but I will make it happen.